Digital radiography (DR) is an advanced way of x-ray inspection in which x-ray sensitive plates are used to produce a digital radiographic image of the mouth on a computer immediately.
What is digital radiography used for?
In dentistry, digital radiography is used to reveal the underlying issues that can’t be seen by the naked eye. Some of them are as follows:
- Damage to the teeth, such as minute hairline cracks, chipping, broken root structure, etc.
- Dormant and hidden cavities
- Jawbone deterioration and shrinkage due to tooth extractions
- Signs of oral cancer such as tumors, unwanted growth of tissues, warts, tissue decay, etc.
- Drifting of the teeth that could lead to malocclusion
- Gumline issues
- Fractures in the teeth or jawbone due to external trauma
Our team of experts makes sure your body isn’t exposed to dangerous levels of radiation. The equipment we use for this purpose is one of the most advanced and low-radiation devices in the market at the moment. Moreover, we only recommend digital radiography if the situation absolutely calls for it.