Invisalign is a dental aligner that is made from tooth-colored plastic material. The unique feature of Invisalign is that it is virtually invisible as it is made from a transparent material. When you wear it, it is hardly noticeable even when you smile or talk. However, upon close observation, it would be visible.
What are the advantages of Invisalign?
- Speaking in terms of appearance, Invisalign is one of the best orthodontic aligners out there. Almost all other alternatives are quite apparent when patients have them on.
- The aligners apply pressure on the teeth in a controlled manner. This makes the treatment almost painless and quite comfortable.
- Invisalign is absolutely metal-free.
- The aligners do not contain any sharp edges or brackets that could injure the soft tissues of the mouth.
- You wouldn’t have to compromise on your food habits, such as in the case of dental braces.
- You need not visit the dentist too often for follow-up consultations.
- Most importantly, Invisalign is removable. They can be taken off when you eat, drink, or brush your teeth. They wouldn’t interfere with your daily routine.